Monday, December 10, 2007

My Quest for Cat Costumes



I was talking to my husband, Eric, the other day about my blog, and he said I need to have some levity along with all of the serious posts about religion, gender, politics, etc. So, here it is!


As most of my readers know, I don't have children. As a result, when it comes to Christmas cards, I typically send the kind you buy at the store in a box...no family pictures included. Nobody really wants a picture of a couple; they just want to see cute kids. This year, I decided I would send a personalized photo greeting of my two cats, Oscar and Cassie, dressed in Christmas costumes. They're much cuter than a lot of kids anyway (of course, not any of the kids I know and love). I was extremely excited when I saw cat costumes in the PetSmart ad this past weekend. There was a picture of a cute orange cat that looked like Oscar in a Santa hat and a red jacket with white fur lining. I had dreams of dressing Oscar like Santa Claus and Cassie like an elf. I wasn't sure how I would get them to sit still long enough for me to take a picture or how I would even get the costumes on them, but I was determined.


I set out for PetSmart with one thing in mind: buying two really cute costumes. I walked all over the store looking for them and finally found the place where all of the Christmas pet items were on display. Another woman was there, and I overheard her talking to an employee. She was asking where the cat costumes were, and he told her they didn't have any. I was so disappointed! So needless to say, no one will be getting a personalized photo greeting card from the Goffs this year. You'll have to settle for the store-bought, boxed card once again. But at least you'll get a handwritten message.


4 comments:

Mauri said...

Poor Oscar and Cassy. :( They are so deprived. And I would love a pic of you and Eric in a Christmas card!

Leah said...

My sister has 2 years of kitty costumes you can borrow. Last year's was Santa hats and I am not sure what this year brings.
Our cards are minus the pic this year, too!

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

This absolutely cracks me up makes me want to go find some costumes for you!!!

Leah said...

Note***
Talked to the sister. You have to get small dog costumes and adapt for the felines.