Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Stephen Colbert and N.T. Wright

A few weeks ago, N.T. Wright, Bishop of the Anglican Church, was a guest on The Colbert Report discussing his new book, Surprised by Hope. I've not read the book, but I know that Wright's theological views have been instrumental in shaping the vision of the Highland Church. I've posted the interview here so that you can hear for yourself what the book is about. I'm adding it to my reading list.



So, what do you think? Is heaven just an ethereal place we'll go upon Christ's second coming that is totally separate and apart from earth? Or is God's ultimate goal to restore all things to him...humanity, heaven, and earth?

2 comments:

Mathis said...

I had a conversation about this just the other day with a friend of mine. If Paul talks about the restoration of creation, and Jesus was the fulfillment of God's plan, it makes you wonder why God would want to destroy something he spent all this time trying to restore. It's enough to make you crazy, or grateful...or both.

Ty Ray said...

It's a great book. I have it if you'd like to borrow it.