Saturday, April 5, 2008

Church Softball

Eric has decided to play softball on Highland's team this spring and summer. Their team's name is Highland: God's Helpers, or HGH (let's just say they're a little full of themselves). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to go to any of the games yet, but apparently Eric was the hero of the first game. When he got home that evening, I noticed that his entire left leg was bloody. After wiping away the blood, we discovered that he had at least a 6-inch "boo-boo" (my term, not Eric's). I asked how on earth he did that, and he proceeded to tell me about how he had slid three times during the game, one of which was for the game-winning run. One of his slides was apparently head-first. He's been out of practice for a while. They have a team blog at www.hghsoftball.wordpress.com. It's incredibly entertaining, so check it out if you have time. I, by the way, will not be playing softball anytime soon. We went to the batting cages last night, and I hit about 5 out of 30 balls. It's not looking promising for me!

1 comment:

Jenny Wilkinson said...

Looks like he'll have remnants of that injury for the whole season. Owen and Lucy still talk about.